Friday, March 20, 2009

This post is more serious

I was off today.  But I have become friends with the co-worker who was hired to work the shifts that I cannot.

Two weeks ago, she called me in a panic.  She was reading the Post-Gazette and read about murder suspects who were on the run.  She thought she recognized the names, so she went online to look at the mug shots.  

They were here.  And she was scared.  I do not blame her.  She has a young child, and when you work the 3-11 shift you are the only person here.  She called the homicide line listed in the paper at 3 p.m.  and they took the information and never called her back.  

All the while, the suspects are upstairs.  

She then called me about 5 hours later and let me know what was going on.  I came to the hotel as quickly as I could.  I could not believe that the Pittsburgh Police Homicide Unit had not responded, yet.  


It actually took me calling a friend who is a police officer in the town the hotel is located in, and him calling it in for them to respond.  When they came they came with full force.  Uniformed, undercover, all with guns drawn when they approached the room.

Now, we have to save every record, and all our video recordings from that time period.  And my co-worker is afraid to work by herself in fear of retribution.  She thinks it is crazy that it takes that long for alleged wanted murders to be apprehended.  She had to have called the police 4 times in 3 hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment