Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Physics and beer

The hotel has been crazy due to the APS Physics convention in Downtown Pittsburgh. 7,000 physicists have descended on Pittsburgh and enough of them have found their way to my hotel to sell it out.  

When I think of physicists, I think of lab coats.  

But these physicists have been ready to party.

The only time we have gone through more beer, in the time that I have worked here, was during the U.S. Open a couple of years ago.  

This is also the first time I have had to call this many cabs to get guests to strip clubs.

Unfortunately, not a lot of the guest spoke English as a first language.  I am sure if I could have understood any of them, I would have great stories to share.  But I did learn that science must not be as boring as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment