Monday, April 6, 2009

my funny friends from the north

Well, I have been thoroughly entertained today.   That is a good thing, because life hasn't been so great.

But today, I checked about 12 walk-ins.  They were almost all from Canada.  It is kind of typical for this time of year.  Older Canadians seem to "winter" in Florida, then come home.  

This couple I had today though, they were hilarious.  They drank as much beer as possible.  Then they told me about there life.  They are retired.  Fixed income.  But they invested in Florida when they were younger.  So they stay down there about 4 months out of the year.  I've asked them to take me next year, so if I disappear next December do not be surprised.

But they made my night great.  They made me laugh with their corny jokes.  And, they made me wish I still had grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment