Sunday, February 8, 2009

Don't Scream at me (Part Two)

Everyone gets cranky at some point during long car trips, and I do not blame them.  I get cranky after too long in the car, too.  But there is a difference between getting cranky and getting rude and crazy.  

This lady came to check in today with a coupon from the interstate rest area.  For some reason people with coupons are especially hard to deal with. Even though they are saving between $30 and $45, they will find something to complain about.  

Anyway, while checking her in instead of asking "How many adults do you have?", I slipped and asked how many dogs do you have.  She didn't notice and said she had two dogs.  

We don't accept pets.  She must have thought I was lying about that.  Because she began to scream at me.  


She told me that this chain accepts pets.  I told her we are all individually owned and opperated and many do not, like us.  

Then, I told her I could not rent her a room, but I could call a sister property five miles away and maybe they would have a room.  She must have been in the car way too long, because 5 miles made her scream again.  

Then she started to scream about what was closer.  Where could she stay closerby?  I had to litterally ask her to leave.  But if is anyone who doubts that Canadians can swear, this lady would have let you know you were wrong a-boot that.


No comments:

Post a Comment